PDA

View Full Version : So, I got banned, what am I supposed to do now?

bigbadjesus
01-20-2015, 05:12 PM
I figured there might be a subforum dedicated to this subject but I can't seem to find it. I was using the 24 hour overdose subscription a few times, with BF4, and I got banned for a week. A week passed, now I'm not banned on origin, but I am on punkbuster. I'd rather not buy the game again, I got it on sale during black friday but I will if I have to. But is the ban even associated with my origin account, or my GUID, or both? How much hardware do I have to change for my GUID to change if its only the GUID? I was planning on changing my motherboard soon anyway since its (+CPU) bottlenecking my graphics card.

Drakoni
01-20-2015, 05:40 PM
What was the ban message from PunkBuster? It will give a violation # in the kick message.

bigbadjesus
01-20-2015, 06:21 PM
What was the ban message from PunkBuster? It will give a violation # in the kick message.

Violation (PB HACK) #130848

I have the even balance ban appeal ticket window open in another tab, I've been trying to figure out what to say to get them to unban me for the last hour but I feel like there's no point.

Drakoni
01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Violation (PB HACK) #130848

I have the ban appeal ticket window open in another tab, I've been trying to figure out what to say to get them to unban me for the last hour but I feel like there's no point.

You probably got hit with the minor detection we had and that ban is permanent. PB bans are bound to the account and you need a new account and repuchase BF4 on that account.

bigbadjesus
01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
You probably got hit with the minor detection we had and that ban is permanent. PB bans are bound to the account and you need a new account and repuchase BF4 on that account.

Are you 100% sure that it is only tied to my account and not my hardware configuration? I don't want to make a new account and buy the game again and find out that it is banned again because my GUID stayed the same.

Drakoni
01-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Are you 100% sure that it is only tied to my account and not my hardware configuration? I don't want to make a new account and buy the game again and find out that it is banned again because my GUID stayed the same.

It's not HWID based, it's account based.