Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: question Lockdown Browser

Private

question Lockdown Browser

hi, i'm an italian student, i apologize for the translation.
    For browser lockdown I read from my university that while it records you with the webcam it also records everything you do on the pc monitor. Does this come with your shielded app? Or do you see that I change pages? One last question if it works with software like teamviewer so you don't have to use my monitor for research.
    Thank you

question Lockdown Browser Syrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antolecce View Post
    hi, i'm an italian student, i apologize for the translation.
    For browser lockdown I read from my university that while it records you with the webcam it also records everything you do on the pc monitor. Does this come with your shielded app? Or do you see that I change pages? One last question if it works with software like teamviewer so you don't have to use my monitor for research.
    Thank you
    If there connected via Teamviewer then Lockdown Browser won't stop them from seeing your pc & programs you have open.
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Superseb's Avatar
    Hey thanks for asking.
    The bypass does not prevent your webcam from being watched. If you webcam was magically disabled then that would raise some concerns.
    I do believe that you can have someone connect to you via TeamViewer without issue, however, if it does not work, then please let me know ASAP so I can fix it.
    The bypass will not allow the application to see anything on your computer.

Private
    Quote Originally Posted by Superseb View Post
    Hey thanks for asking.
    The bypass will not allow the application to see anything on your computer.
    the program originally records by dividing the screen both what the webcam sees and what you do at the same time as the monitor. What will they display with the bypass? that is, in my monitor screen they do not see anything of my mouse movements or is it completely obscured (in this case I think the test will be canceled) or is it disabled only when you do an external action (example open a pdf)? I wonder why they said they will view the video recordings

question Lockdown Browser MULISHA's Avatar
    Forwarded to the coder
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Superseb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antolecce View Post
    the program originally records by dividing the screen both what the webcam sees and what you do at the same time as the monitor. What will they display with the bypass? that is, in my monitor screen they do not see anything of my mouse movements or is it completely obscured (in this case I think the test will be canceled) or is it disabled only when you do an external action (example open a pdf)? I wonder why they said they will view the video recordings
    Unless they updated recently, they do not capture anything outside of the application.
    And most that they 'capture' inside of the application is used in their actual renderer, not to find cheating.

Private
    OK thanks,
    I await the session so I see the version that the university uses