Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Learning to Code Cheats

Learning to Code Cheats

Learning to Code Cheats

If I was to pursue learning everything there is to coding and reverse engineering and all that where would be my first step?

Learning to Code Cheats JamalDaKillah's Avatar
    Using Google for the best resources sir.

Learning to Code Cheats
    Quote Originally Posted by Antarusom View Post
    If I was to pursue learning everything there is to coding and reverse engineering and all that where would be my first step?
    The first step is learning programming in general. C/C++, Rust, Pascal/Delphi(Object Pascal), or D. It also looks like Swift may be applicable if hosted with an alternative runtime to support more than just MacOS/IOS.

Once you have a good understanding of how to program in general you're going to want to learn how to reverse engineer existing applications. For this I would recommend learning x86 assembly. You'll need to learn x86 and x64 as there is slight variations between the two and games nowadays will be produced in both. You will need to learn how to use common tools like IDA, x64dbg, etc.
    Learning how all these things work will help you make your own tools which will be helpful in the long run.

It's quite an involved process to actual understand all the concepts you need to in order to make a cheat, however many people skimp on the topics and copy/paste code available from public forums. That won't get you very far as you will be relying on other people to do the work for you and you won't know what to do once you're detected.

Good luck!