Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Is an M.2 "PCIe 3.0 x4" interface always capable of 32gb\s or does it depend on the m

Private

Is an M.2 "PCIe 3.0 x4" interface always capable of 32gb\s or does it depend on the m

Do all M.2 interfaces that are rated "PCIe 3.0 x4" support the full transfer speed of 32gb\s (with an M.2 SSD that supports it) or does this need to be confirmed for each motherboard?

I can't seem to see any transfer speed details for the MSI B450 Tomahawk but it does state the following:

1 x M.2 slot (Key M)

Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 (AMD® Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics) or PCIe 3.0 x2 (AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics) and SATA 6Gb/s 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 storage devices.

Registerd User
    /move to correct section
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Private
    Quote Originally Posted by TovinoThomas View Post
    Do all M.2 interfaces that are rated "PCIe 3.0 x4" support the full transfer speed of 32gb\s (with an M.2 SSD that supports it) or does this need to be confirmed for each motherboard?

I can't seem to see any transfer speed details for the MSI B450 Tomahawk but it does state the following:

1 x M.2 slot (Key M)
    online spanish lessons
    Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 (AMD® Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics) or PCIe 3.0 x2 (AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics) and SATA 6Gb/s 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 storage devices.
    Thank you my issue has been solved,..

Warrant Officer 1
    /Closed - Issue solved