Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is now a good time to upgrade my SSD?

Lance Corporal

Is now a good time to upgrade my SSD?

My gaming laptop only has a 500 GB SSD and nowadays games are insanely large. I saw the COD MW on sale a few days ago, and I wanted to buy it. However, that game is stupidly large. It needs 175 GB space to store it. I ended with giving up.

My laptop needs those smaller-size SSDs. I think it is called m.2 nvme and I want a 2 TB one. Which brand do you guys recommend? And is now a good time?

Is now a good time to upgrade my SSD? fredrogers's Avatar
    First you need to find the exact specs of your HDD, if it's a 2.5 or a m.2nvme.
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrogers View Post
    First you need to find the exact specs of your HDD, if it's a 2.5 or a m.2nvme.
    m.2 nvme. I am sure now

Ok then being that the games are getting much bigger and if you don't want to uninstall games just to install another one then yeah I would upgrade. Just keep in mind if you do you will need to install Windows again if this is the only drive you are doing and will need to do a HWID reset
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Warrant Officer 1
    Another option would be using an external disk, you can go with a HDD this will make loading speeds quite slow but the cost will be much lower or you if you have a thunderbolt 3 connector you can got a nvme drive

Does your laptop support more then one nvme drives? Or does it only have one slot?

Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by fredrogers View Post
    Does your laptop support more then one nvme drives? Or does it only have one slot?
    I have no clue about that. but I am assuming it only supports one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Another option would be using an external disk, you can go with a HDD this will make loading speeds quite slow but the cost will be much lower or you if you have a thunderbolt 3 connector you can got a nvme drive
    I wont go external. the loading time is really important to me

Warrant Officer 1
    Well if your laptop has thunderbolt 3 speeds wont be an issue at all

Is it a gaming laptop? Look up the specs of your laptop. Yeah I don't suggest any external hard drive as load times are much slower than internal drives. Anything external still has to do more process then and internal drives.
    Last edited by fredrogers; 12-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Embers View Post
    Well if your laptop has thunderbolt 3 speeds wont be an issue at all
    it does have one but i am using it as 2nd display's output.