I'm somerandomguy, long time cs player who's now feeling my very favorite game is being ruined and overrun.
Expecting this thread to be deleted, but feel like asking some questions out of genuine curiosity, keeping things respectful and hoping for some civil replies.

My point of view is from a legit player, and I've become quite the cynic. It feels like people who cheat is basically paying to ruin my game, and I've been trying to understand why you do it for some time.

What is your reason for playing the game if you won't do it properly? Do you even like the game? If so, do you realize you're killing the game you like? Is it for the fun of ruining things for others, or is ruining it just the effect you get but the reason is another? If you don't like the game and that's why you cheat, why are you playing it?

I can understand something like pros cheating when there is money on the line, but what's the mentality for going into a random matchmaking game and cheat? There is nothing to gain, only time to waste.

I'm simply trying to understand why.

-somerandomguy