Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garry's Mod Feedback

Chief Warrant Officer 2 Superseb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrasov View Post
    @Superseb, enjoy. Throughout you can see the issues Gerek and I have brought up, I've also highlighted them in the video.
    Hello Nekrasov, I reviewed your video recently and I would like to address the issues you pointed out in the video. The main issue in regards to the accuracy and performance of the aimbot purely depends on the server you are playing on. The aimbot currently relies on the tickrate of the sever, and due to most Garrysmod servers simply being pumped out and extremely cheap to maintain, their tickcount is typically around 11-16, an extremely low tick count. So the lower the tickrate, the worse the aimbot will preform. Of course, I could remove this dependency from the aimbot, but the accuracy would end up suffering instead. Also one thing I noticed in your video is that the aimbot typically disengaged due to the recoil of the guns 'punching' the viewangles up, simulating recoil. This is where your suggested 'hard-lock' feature would help out and it is definitely something I will look into in the future. The simple fix for this would to simply increase your FOV, which isn't much of a problem unless the admins on the servers you are playing on have a way to watch your screen or spectate you. I would also suggest turning on multi-point to increase the accuracy of hitting the head model.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandun View Post
    Good job dude, you made a pretty good video explaining the issues on the aimbot. Other than that the cheat's pretty good, regardless kudos to Superseb for making it. Also unsure if it's possible or not to improve the detection rate for custom playermodels, but it seems the aimbot can't really lock onto weeb models more than the other ones. ****ing anime fags.
    When I was making the Garry's mod cheat I had to take into considering the influx of models which flood the garrysmod servers. Currently, the aimbot scans through every bone on the entities model and finds the one with the greatest height, which is going to be the head for all humanoid models. In other source games, there are static models and hitboxes. For example, in CS:GO the head bone will always be 0, and it will also be 0 for all default garrysmod models, but when you aim at bone 0 on some custom model in garrysmod you'll find it aiming at their chest or any other bone.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Superseb View Post
    Hello Nekrasov, I reviewed your video recently and I would like to address the issues you pointed out in the video. The main issue in regards to the accuracy and performance of the aimbot purely depends on the server you are playing on. The aimbot currently relies on the tickrate of the sever, and due to most Garrysmod servers simply being pumped out and extremely cheap to maintain, their tickcount is typically around 11-16, an extremely low tick count. So the lower the tickrate, the worse the aimbot will preform. Of course, I could remove this dependency from the aimbot, but the accuracy would end up suffering instead. Also one thing I noticed in your video is that the aimbot typically disengaged due to the recoil of the guns 'punching' the viewangles up, simulating recoil. This is where your suggested 'hard-lock' feature would help out and it is definitely something I will look into in the future. The simple fix for this would to simply increase your FOV, which isn't much of a problem unless the admins on the servers you are playing on have a way to watch your screen or spectate you. I would also suggest turning on multi-point to increase the accuracy of hitting the head model.
    If I increase the FOV, I end up "Rage Botting". I don't want to do that. I use this Cheat primarily on a Heavy RP gamemode, it helps me find Drug Labs and the like. The Admins spectate consistently during Gunfights, and so far, I haven't been meme'd by them. But another person I play with, who is somewhat close to the Admins has told me that I've got numerous complaints about my god-like ability in gunfights, which most people find fishy. And an Admin supposedly saw me "snap" to a friendly once, which isn't something I want. If you add the "Hard-lock" feature, all of this will be a nullified, also, your "aim-smoothing" is slightly off. I hope you don't see my feedback as throwing shade, I just want to BEAN people with maximum proficiency.