Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Advice on signature

Advice on signature

Advice on signature

Signature's in progress, looking for some tips or advice on how to improve this. I'm moderately knowledgeable with Photoshop CS5.1 but not a genius - so if it's something really complex please tell me what I should search for to learn the technique.

Corporal
    I do not see much flow. It also seems Berry cluttered to me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Advice on signature
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    I do not see much flow. It also seems Berry cluttered to me
    So do you have any advice on how I can improve it?

learn to add depth. Learn to use your burn and Dodge tool that will create depth work on your lighting don't use a soft pixel brush for your lighting work on your typography. Usually when I make a signature. I usually work with anywhere from 40, sometimes up to 100 layers. Layering is most important thing. Use high-quality images to begin with low-quality sticks out like a sore thumb.

So learn burn and Dodge tool and don't go too heavy on it you want to create depth in your background with your layers
    work on the placement of the renders
    lighting is key very important the best way to lighting is this

Filter render lighting effects select Omni and work with the sliders within this is the best way to do lighting.
    Work with understanding adjustment layers. That is the white black circle on the bottom of your layers palette.

Inside adjustment layers very important things. Learn how to use our curves gradient maps levels selective colors . Learn to use these as well as vibrance. If you want to make high-quality pieces. This is the suggestions I give to you
    always remember signatures are not the greatest thing the learn if you're getting into graphics. The style and methods of blurring and distorting images is so unnatural and graphics, a customer would kill you if you handed them something like that. Better yet he would never sell anything. Just my personal experience. Keep working on it, the more that you make the better they will be. I have made a total of maybe 15 to 20,000 signatures the more you make the easier it gets more methods that you learn techniques, etc.

Love, Devildog Fx
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

Staff Sergeant
    I truely believe that the best right now is Mulisha, the reason I'm saying this is because he is one main person you should seek advice, but your sig the only thing that i can see if that the dog tag is off(like it doesn't go with the rest)

Advice on signature
    Appreciate the advice, still working on it. REALLY appreciate your advice MULISHA it'll help me out alot

Corporal
    I would say that you could leave a little bit more negative space so that the background can show through to help the viewer understand whats going on. Going along with what Mulisha said you can also use the blur tool and blur certain things in the background to add depth and create a focal point. When you are adding effects and such to a tag you want to find the flow of the main render and then modify your effects around this flow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]