Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4k Monitor for gaming + rendering purpose

Private First Class

Red face 4k Monitor for gaming + rendering purpose

Hey guys I am looking for a used or brand new 4K monitor. If you guys have any connection or have it and are looking to sell it. Hit me.

Plus any good deal you guys know of, post it here with moderator's approval.

Thanks

4k Monitor for gaming + rendering purpose
    I would not go with a 4k monitor because it takes a lot to run and you will pay around 2000$ for one thats more then 60HZ, Instead go with a HDR gaming monitor.

Private
    What is your budget? ****
    Last edited by FunFlyz; 05-05-2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: No Sales here please.

Staff Sergeant
    Myself I have a 2k monitor with 144 HZ.
    Asus Rog Swift PG278Q, Still costs at this time 700 / 900€.
    For gaming I would always chose a monitor with 144 hz. Currently to my knowledge there are no 144hz monitor with 4k. I do know there are 100hz monitors curved with 4k, but like funflyz said, these screens cost a bomb and for a normal standard game u already need to have a huge PC to be able to run this kind of resolution on a decent FPS.

My 2k screen with 144hz already takes a lot from my GTX 1080 and I am not able to run every game on ultra or high with a steady 144fps, ( depending on the games )

If you are still really only interested in a 4k monitor with 144hz ( in my opinion u should always have 144hz for gaming ) then there are 2 screens coming out soon : Acer Predator XB272 & Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ

Kind Regards,
    Deviion Tech-Moderator
    Feel free to join our LiveSupport&Teamspeak when you need our help!

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFlyz View Post
    I would not go with a 4k monitor because it takes a lot to run and you will pay around 2000$ for one thats more then 60HZ, Instead go with a HDR gaming monitor.
    I already have a HDR monitor. I have recently built my i7 7700k system which supports 4k. I already have 4kl tv though. I know it will cost me on electricity but I'll handle it. It won't run every day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PlivSin View Post
    What is your budget? ****
    $350 to 400

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by deviion View Post
    For gaming I would always chose a monitor with 144 hz. Currently to my knowledge there are no 144hz monitor with 4k. I do know there are 100hz monitors curved with 4k, but like funflyz said, these screens cost a bomb and for a normal standard game u already need to have a huge PC to be able to run this kind of resolution on a decent FPS.

My 2k screen with 144hz already takes a lot from my GTX 1080 and I am not able to run every game on ultra or high with a steady 144fps, ( depending on the games )

If you are still really only interested in a 4k monitor with 144hz ( in my opinion u should always have 144hz for gaming ) then there are 2 screens coming out soon : Acer Predator XB272 & Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ

Kind Regards,

Yeah I recently built a powerhouse of a system 2 months back. I have Gigabyte Radeon rx 480 gb right now. I have already ordered a Titan Xp. It should reach me by Tuesday hopefully. I render and I play games. I need a 4k monitor.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFlyz View Post
    I got a little confused. Are you taking about the monitor at $2000 or the monthly bill here?

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by deviion View Post

Kind Regards,

If I am not wrong it's a 2k monitor right? I found this one on Amazon for $750.

I could do with Acer Gaming laptop 2014's model. XB280HK to be precise

Lance Corporal
    Still, if you've got cash to spare and want to render in 4K then a 4K monitor isn't the worst investment?
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

4k Monitor for gaming + rendering purpose
    I have been running 4k monitor with my current pc from 2013-2014. (was not cheap back then)
    Can do all current games on max settings with 60fps average. I love it, but the only downside
    is that the hack menu becomes really small :P