Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to protect your privacy with a VPN on Android

Private
    Something to consider when going into VPNs is that you are not truly anonymous.

If a VPN service is located within the 14 eyes, 5 eyes, and 9 eyes countries, they are able to share your information with other countries. See my link below.

The 14 eyes, 9 eyes, 5 eyes agreements (Explained) - ProtonVPN Blog

How to protect your privacy with a VPN on Android
    VPN's are great for stabilizing your internet connection and hiding your data from others around you and from your ISP; However one thing that is always overlooked (and is a huge pet peeve of mine) is it does not keep your anon online. It helps, but as long as your logged into Google, FB, Twitter, etc. they will be able to determine who you are from the account you are logged into. This also extents to any site that uses them for a login and in googles case analytics, scripts, fonts, cdn, etc.

Further if sites use any type of fingerprinter, canvas or otherwise it could also blow your cover.

Trying to be anon on a mobile is already pretty hard, but the best thing you could do is root, install a degoogled OS and use bromite's webview and/or firefox w/ Trace or some other system/fingerprint/webrtc spoofer/blocker and tz spoofer.

Further never use social media or big tech services or at the very least keep those to a different browser, one dedicated just for them to prevent them from being able to track you on other sites.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceSword View Post
    Something to consider when going into VPNs is that you are not truly anonymous.

If a VPN service is located within the 14 eyes, 5 eyes, and 9 eyes countries, they are able to share your information with other countries. See my link below.
    Thanks for the warning!

How to protect your privacy with a VPN on Android MULISHA's Avatar
    Here is the real problem. IF you do something highly illegal and say you used a VPN as a novice to do something like denial of service attacks steal etc etc online. What can easily happen is this. said Million dollar company you decide to take down has a Subpoena to the VPN company for your information.... Now you are foolish if you think they are going to not give up your information when there business is at stake.

Think about what you do online and if you are over 18. One day you might be caught and sent to prison, Then your Internet persona is nothing IRL

I'm Old school and I know the consequences
    Last edited by MULISHA; 02-23-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    TeamSpeak Send Private Message Hardware ID Reset Open Live Support Purchase Hardware ID Tokens AimJunkies Facebook AimJunkies Twitter AimJunkies YouTube Loader Download Image Map

How to protect your privacy with a VPN on Android
    That brings out another point. When looking for s VPN or VPS (to run your own), location matters. Find something with bullet proof hosting or is hosted in a country who does not have an agreement with your country.

Most VPN's say they do not log (which is sometimes a lie, they just dont keep the logs that long or have minimum logging). Find a service that truly does not log, or is located in a country with no agreement and is known for ignoring requests from your country.

Check around to see how well they protect their users privacy and if they have a warrant canary.